Having a pet is really interesting! Pets can be your friend too. In spite of buying, it would be so much better if you adopt, not buy.
Have you heard about puppy mill or puppy farm? This is the place for puppy breeding. Puppy and kitten mills (which sell to pet stores) are in business to make a profit, so they churn out puppies and kittens as fast as they can.. They usually lives in a crowded stables. After they’re growing up, they’ll be sent and sold in a pet store. In Europe and US, there were so many anti-puppy mills campaign :). So, be careful if you’re going o buy dogs or the other pets in pet shop, also the one sold on the street. If we stop buying animals and choose to adopt, i’m sure that such bad-selling will be reduced..
|Place : UNION Jakarta|
|Top : Topshop | Watches : SWATCH | Bag : Mango|
There are lots of good reasons to adopt rather than buy a pet. Here are a few of them:
• Buying a pet can cost about $500 to $1,000 or more. While adoption costs range from $50 to $200.
• A pet purchased from a pet store is a complete unknown. Most pet stores don’t provide any support if you have questions or problems with your new pet. When you adopt, especially from a rescue group, you know what you are getting because the group has a history on the animal.
• When you adopt a pet, you are saving a life. When you buy a pet, you not only deny a homeless pet a home, you are supporting an industry that thrives on short-changing the welfare of animals. Puppy and kitten mills (which sell to pet stores) are in business to make a profit, so they churn out puppies and kittens as fast as they can. These animals are often in ill health and have problems like poor socialization skills due to lack of human companionship and genetic defects due to inbreeding.Click here for more information on puppy mills.
• If you adopt, you get your choice of any age. Though puppies and kittens are cute and cuddly, they can also be a handful. An adult or older pet may be a better fit for you.
• You get just as much love (if not more). An adopted pet is every bit as loving, intelligent and loyal as a purchased pet ♥♥
Interest to adopt a new friend? Here some places that you can ask some information :
Jalan Pejaten Barat no. 45 W
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org atau kontak mereka melalui Facebook.
House of Stray-Bogor
email : email@example.com
Center for Animal Rescue and Education
Jl. Gambiran 52 Yogyakarta Indonesia
e-mail: care_4animal [at] yahoo.com
Angels of Paws
Animal lovers which built in 2008. Join them by giving donation or be a volunteer.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook.
Jakarta Animal Aid Network (JAAN)
Website : jakartaanimalaid.com
Call : +6288 1818 63 66 or
Email : email@example.com
Let's Adopt! (Indonesia)
Organization under Let's Adopt Global, animals rescuer.
Site : myletsadopt.com or their Facebook.
Pondok Pengayom Satwa
“transit” place for stray animals while waiting for their new parents for a better living.
Address: Jl. Harsono RM No. 10 Ragunan Jakarta,
Call : +6221-7804993, 7819617
It feels great to know that you saved a life..
What are you waiting for?